BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 5, 2009

BRIANNA TURNS VEGAN.......WELL SORT OF

While sitting at Zaxby's drive thru, Brianna decided she didn't want to eat meat anymore. This is how the conversation went:

Brianna: "I don't want to eat meat anymore. Because when you eat meat, you have to kill an animal. And killing an animal is hurting nature."

Me: "Brianna, are you saying you want to be a vegetarian? Do you even know what that is?

Brianna: "Yes I know what that is and I don't want to be that, but I don't want to eat meat anymore either because that is killing animals!"

By this time, she was in tears and extremely upset. I really didn't know what to say or to do. I asked her why she was crying so much and she said, "Because the meat tastes so good!"

Well after a 30 minute conversation, she has now decided to be "part" vegetarian. She is only eating ham, bacon, hamburgers, tacos, and chicken legs.
I can't believe that this issue is a concern for someone so young. I guess that just goes to show that Brianna is not your typical 6 year old.

0 comments: