BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

TYING SHOES

Brianna is learning to tie her shoes. I haven't forced the issue on her. The only thing that I've done is supplied her with a Scholastic book that shows you ways to tie. She occasionally picks up the book and fiddles with it, until she gets mad and aggravated. Then she throws it down. This behavior reminds me of when I was her age, I did the exact same thing. Anyway, so this morning she asked me could she have her book so she could practice tying. After about 5 minutes she said, "Look, I did it!" She was just so very proud of her self. She said, "I knew I could do it." I did too. It just had to be at her own pace. But she hasn't mastered this new craft completely. She untied it to try again and wasn't as lucky that time. Regardless, it is good to see that if she sets her mind to doing something, she will get it done.

0 comments: