BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 16, 2008

GIRL SCOUTS

Well, you are now looking at Troop Leader for Daisy Troop#48. The Girl Scouts was something that Brianna wanted to do and that I thought would be good for her. However, being that there was no Daisy troop formed, someone had to step up as leader and put a troop together. Well, that person is me. I thought that it would be something that Brianna and I could share together. One day she will look back on her childhood and remember the times we spend together in the Girl Scouts. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Excited because I have so many ideas for these girls and I think I could be really good at it. I'm nervous because I've never done this before. I've attended some leadership classes and have attended a class that taught about just what it is to be a Daisy and how to teach that particular age group. But, I'm mostly worried about my relationship with the parents. It is my hope that all the parents will come together and be supportive of myself and the troop. Our first meeting will be Saturday, November 22nd. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am so proud of you!!! I know that you will be a fabulous leader!!! After you see how much you love it, you can go back to school to become a teacher!!!! Keep me updated!

Anonymous said...

YEAH, so does this mean they found you a co-leader? Have fun!

Kristy said...

April,
I may not need a CoLeader, but I sure could use any extra help. Call me when you are bored and want to get out of the house,I'm sure I could find some use for you :)

Kristy said...

Heather,
I think you have more confidence in me than I do. I'm scared to death. But then again, its only 5 & 6 year olds.....how hard could it be?????? HAHA!

Lydia said...

Good for you Kristy. You are rather brave... :) Seriously, it will be good for both of you.