BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 12, 2008

SO DISTRAUGHT

I just don't know what to do.Brianna, as you know, goes to Inman First Baptist for child care. We live in Greer. It's about 27 miles there and back. At the last minute this summer, we decided to put Brianna in a 4yr old preschool that offered late stay. We were going to NY for vacation in 2 days, and school would have been started when we came back. So we had to decide quickly where we were going to send her. Heather told us about Inman and about how much Carson enjoyed it there. I was apprehensive because it was out of the way and not very convenient. She then offered to pick Brianna up from school and watch her at her house until Brian or I came to pick her up. And she did. And I am so very grateful for her. Brianna and Carson are just like brother and sister. And I love Heather like she is my sister. But now, Heather is having to send her little baby girl to the daycare as well. It would just be too much trouble and aggravation on Heather, I feel, to ask to her to continue picking up Brianna. For the past couple months, Brian and I have been picking her up. When I pick her up, I have to go on my lunch break to get her and then bring her back to my Grandmother's where she stays until Brian comes by to pick her up. When Brian picks her up, he is leaving work and hour early which means he has been working on weekends trying to make up the time. It is really just overwhelming. I am really considering moving her to another school in the Greer area. I have been tossing that idea around for about a month now. I really think its time. You just do not know the stress and aggravation involved for me. Imagine: Getting Brianna up and out the door by 7:20. Ride to Inman, drop her off, ride back to Greer for work at 8:15. Take lunch at 2 o'clock-ride back out to inman, back to Greer, drop Brianna off and get back to work by 3 o'clock. And on Brian's side of it. He would have to be at work by 6:30 at Lockheed at the Donaldson Center in Greenville, work through his lunch hour to leave work at 3:30, to take an hour drive from Greenville to Inman to pick Brianna up, and then back home to Greer. It's just too much. I have looked into KidsWorld. They already have 2 establishments. 1 in Lyman the other in Greer. However, they have just opened up a new place past the Target in Greer. They are enrolling. Its $100 a week, and breakfast, lunch, and snack is provided. Also, when Brianna does start into kindergarten, she can be picked up by the daycare van at the school and taken back to KidsWorld. Brian is a little apprehensive, seeing how this is the middle of the year, and she would be the "odd" one out. I don't think so. For one, she is 4. Also, since the center has just opened, all the kids are new and are just starting there. Another pro is that there is a chance that some of the children in her preschool may actually be in her kindergarten class, and she will already know someone. Plus, Brianna and Brian and I will already be accustomed to Kidsworld and how they operate, so that when Brianna actually enters Kindergarten and will need after school care, we will feel comfortable in her going there. I know, I am just rambling. But this has really been playing in my mind for a long time. I had to write it out, I think, just to make since of it all. If any of you have suggestions or comments, I will greatly appreciate them.
Heather, I wanted to tell you thank you for all that you have done for us and Brianna since August. You haven't said that you couldn't pick Brianna up, and I know that you don't mind it and you say its not any trouble. It's just that you have your hands full already picking up 2 kids everyday. I really don't want to add to your aggravation making you have 3. It would be hard to carry Ella and her things, plus helping Brianna and Carson with theirs, then loading them all into your car, strapping them in, listening to Ella cry, Carson & Brianna fuss with each other, all the way back to Greer. Then unload them all and wait for Brianna to get picked up. I know that you are Supermom and everything, but come on now!!!!!!
Probably the only downside to Brianna leaving Inman First, would be missing her little boyfriend Chandler.

0 comments: