BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, August 10, 2008

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

I know. But I've got to tell ya that I guess I am suffering from "Blogger Burnout". I just haven't had to much to say or talk about lately. So I don't even bother. So let's see.....

Well school is going to start on August 19th. Brianna will be attending Crestview Elementary and is very excited. Her teacher, Mrs. Rita Danner, called the other night to welcome Brianna to her class. We have meet the teacher this coming Friday. I have done all the school shopping I think I need to do. She has summer clothes, so I picked up some outfits for the fall. We went yesterday and got a pair of sneakers and a pair of black mary janes. So I guess she's pretty much set. She isn't allowed to carry a backpack in kindergarten. They ask that she carry a clipboard with her name on it. I plan on fixing that up real pretty for her. Other than that, I took her to Discovery Island WaterPark in Simpsonville yesterday. She really enjoyed it and so did I, but boy was it sure crowded when we left. We went shopping for her shoes afterward, then had lunch at Burger King and ended the day with a trip to Dillards Peach Shed for icecream. Today we went to church, then had lunch at Wendy's, then went by Granny's for a visit and then we went bowling. Boy, I can't wait till we get a Wii. Bowling is alot easier that way. I had hoped that Brianna and I would get a chance to see Heather and Carson today, but he was playing outside and Heather had errands to do. I haven't seen her in forever and Brianna is missing Carson. Heather, we have really got to get together.


Brian's Mom and Dad are coming next weekend to visit with us. His dad is going to help him put new windows in Brianna's room. Brian has also informed me that her outside walls have basically no insulation, so he plans on knocking down the old walls to put in new insulation and redo the walls. Yes, the walls that I just painted a few months ago. :( However, I won't complain because this house needs all the improvements that it could get. Not to mention, it should save us some moolah on the electric bill.


Well like I said earlier, not too much going on around here to talk about so I will leave you with pictures taken today of Brianna and Oreo.



3 comments:

Heather said...

Love the update!!! We miss you too! Hopefully Car and Brianna can have a "swim party" tomorrow! I love the pics of Brianna. I love the braids!!!!!! Can't believe our babies are going to be in kindergarten!!!! Love ya!

trish said...

Wow, as I was reading your blog... I caught where you say "sneakers" instead of "shoes" or "tennis shoes" - I'm glad someone else other than my family call them sneakers b/c that's what they are!!! :) - OH! And.. the water park is super fun!!! I LOVE their lazy river AND the purple tubes are SO much fun to go down!! I just wish it was just a little bit bigger in the pool area but it's a good place to bring youngsters!! :)

Kristy said...

Trish, I get "sneakers" from my husband. It's the yankee I guess. The water park is tons of fun, but I couldn't tell you about the purple tubes. Didn't want nothing to do with that.