BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 26, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY




The morning started out with a trip to Dunkin Donuts and a ride down to Mom and Dad's to help him finish painting. It looks pretty good, but Momma is anxious for the mess to be cleaned up. We came home around 12, just in time for the water in the pool to be warmed up. I laid out while Brianna played in the pool. And yes, I did take the occasional "dunk" to cool off. Brian was busy working in the yard. His shoulder is sure to hurt tonight. We were invited to a cookout at Morris and Shirl's house at 4:00. Nothing was going on around here plus Brianna wanted to check on the baby chicks; so we went over there. There was tons of food and I ate way too much. After dinner, we ventured outside to play a game of Cornhole. If any of you bloggers out there know what this game is, then I truly am impressed. My aunt and uncle are the only ones I know that play it. Basically it's like a mix of horseshoes and beanbag toss. The object is to toss a bag of corn onto the board and hopefully land in the hole, hence CORNHOLE! Anyway, I attempted to play and lost terribly. But I did manage to get the bag in the hole once or twice. We left around 6:30 to come home, but not empty handed. Shirl sent me with a huge bag of watermelon and this dip that she calls Southern Caviar. I will get the recipe and post it on the blog because it is GOOD!
Hope you all had a safe and fun Memorial Day.

2 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

OMG!!! Yes, I know what cornhole is...I don't know that that is a good thing though!!
Brian told me about it and that is one of THE things to do when we go tailgating in Clemson. There is actually a cornhole association - google it!
Glad you guys had a great day!!

Kristy said...

OMG!!! I can't believe there is actually another person in this world that knows what that is. And yes, I have been all informed about the Cornhole Association. Give me a break!! But I have to admit, it was kinda fun.